A lot of iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Users jailbreak their devices to get all the freedom from apple. With jailbreak you can install Tweaks, Customize iPhone Apps and Interface, Improve your experience etc.
- Also Read : What is Jailbreaking & Why you need it
- Also Read : How to Jailbreak your Device
- Also Read : How to get Paid Apps for Free With & Without Jailbreak
There are a lot of reasons people remove jailbreak from their devices. The main reason is that Apple release new iOS Software Frequently and a lot of people want to update their device to benefit the new features. Some others remove jailbreak because they want to take their device back to Apple but Apple Warranty doesn’t include a device which is Jailbroken. So you have to remove it before going to Apple Store. If you don’t know how to remove it, don’t worry. Today, i will show you how to unjailbreak iPhone or any other device running iOS with Jailbreak.
Note : If you follow my steps, Apple can’t tell if you have jailbroken your iPhone or not. Your device will be in factory OS.
How to Unjailbreak iPhone/iPad/iPod and Restore to Original iOS Software
Note : Unjailbreaking your device will remove all the tweaks, apps, themes etc. installed with Cydia and you won’t have access to them anymore.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch to a Mac or Desktop using the USB Cable.
- If your device has a passcode, enter it to unlock the device.
- You should go and disable Find My iPhone Feature by going to Settings – iCloud – Find My iPhone and turn it Off.
- To turn Find My iPhone Off, you should enter your Apple ID username and password
- Now, go to iTunes in your Computer, find the iPhone icon and choose your iPhone.
- Find the Backup section in Summary Tab.
- Click Backup Now and when an alert popups, choose Backup Apps. This will backup all your photos,contacts, apps etc. so you can restore later.
- After your backup is done ( it may take some time if you have lot of apps in your device ), click Restore iPhone and select Restore when the popup alert show.
Apple iTunes will now restore the original Apple Software to your Device. It may take a lot of time if the software is being downloaded from the apple servers. After the download is completed and the software is installed in your device, you can now restore your data.
If you want a detailed tutorial How to Install iOS Software with iTunes and Download it Manually for a Short Amount of Time, follow these posts :
- What Firmware Version should you download based on your device model
- How to Install any iOS Firmware with iTunes
Hope you enjoyed this article and if you have any questions, write them down below in comment section.
Thank You for Reading !