We all know that Apple Products are very expensive. Often, they are stated as overprice when are compared with they rivals. With all the high and expensive reputation spreading everywhere, a lot of thieves start targetting only Apple Devices, especially iPhones when they want to steal a smartphone. All around the world, the majority of smartphones that are reported lost or stolen are iPhones.
To prevent the high number of stolen iPhones and to make its users more secure Apple added a new feature to iOS 7 when iPhone 5S was unveiled. It is called Activation Lock and it locks your device from other users. Basically, your iPhone becomes useless if the other user doesn’t have your iCloud ID and Password. After Apple included this feature, the iPhone Stolen Cases were reduced with about 40%.
Activation Lock comes together with Find My iPhone Which helps you track all your iOS’s device data from the distance. You can control your device and its data remotely.
This feature can come in handy when your device gets stolen but also when you would like to sell it or reset all content and settings, you have to turn Off Find My iPhone and Activation Lock.
How to Turn Off Find My iPhone and Activation Lock on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
As I mentioned before, if you are planning to sell your iOS Device and Wipe all its data, you have to Disable Activation Lock. Read down below for more.
How to Disable Find My iPhone and Activation Lock
If you still have access to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, then the easiest way to Disable Find My iPhone and Activation Lock is by following these steps:
- Unlock your iOS Device and launch the Settings App.
- Find and tap on iCloud.
- Scroll down and tap on Find My iPhone Option and switch its toggle to Off.
- To confirm your choice, you have to enter your Apple ID and Password.
If you don’t have access to your device, then follow the below method.
How to Disable Find My iPhone and Activation Lock on iCloud.com
If you don’t have access to your iOS Device, you can still Turn Off Find My iPhone and Activation Lock by using iCloud.com.
- Launch the browser on your computer.
- Go to icloud.com
- After the web page is opened, enter your Apple ID and Password to login.
- The iCloud Dashboard will open and you have to click to Find My iPhone Option.
- You have to enter your Apple ID Password again to access Find My iPhone.
- Now, click on All Devices.
- Click on Offline Devices you want to remove.
- Now, click on Remove from Account.
You have turned off Find My iPhone and Activation Lock on a specific iOS Device.
Thank You for Reading!