Apple is launching new products every year, and if you are a tech addicted , probably you change your iPhone almost every year. It is kind of upgrade you do. Give Apple your old device and get a new generation iPhone. But what about your Contacts ? You would like to have them in your new device as soon as possible. I will show you how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone.
I will show you different methods to transfer your contacts from your old iPhone to the new one.
The First Method is using iCloud. Follow these steps :
- Open your old device, make sure it is connected to WiFi, and then go to Settings – iCloud and see if your Apple ID is shown there. If not, then you should log in and head back over here. After you see your Apple ID listed there, find the Contacts Toggle and turn it On. This will give your device permission to back up contacts.
- Go to Settings – iCloud – Storage & Backup and tap ” Back Up Now “. Your old device should begin backing up your data including contacts. The backup time depends on amount of your content and your internet speed.
- After the backup is finished, grab your new iPhone. Turn it On and if you have finished set it up before, then go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content & Settings. This should reset your new phone and you should be able to set it up once again. We need the set up screen to restore contacts.
- On set up screen, log in with your Apple ID, then you will be asked if you want to set up as a new device or restore from a backup. Choose ” Restore from iCloud Backup “.
- Choose your latest backup you did to your old device and then tap Next.
- After the restore is finished, your new iPhone is ready to go with all your contacts in it.
The Second Method is using iTunes, Apple Official Software for its Devices.
- Plug you old device in to your Desktop/Mac Computer and open iTunes.
- On the left-upper side of iTunes find your device icon and click on it.
- After you device screen is loaded, find Info Tab on the left Side Column and then make sure Sync Contacts is enabled.
- Now, find Summary Tab on left column and then click ” Back Up Now “
- After the back up is finished, unplug your old iPhone.
- Grab your new iPhone and Set Up Screen should be accessible in your new device. If you finished setting it up before, go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase All Content & Settings. Then the new Set Up Screen should be available.
- In Set Up Screen, log in with your Apple ID & Password, and when it asked if you want to Set Up as New Device or Restore from Backup, tap ” Restore from iTunes Backup “.
- Then plug your new device in your Desktop/Mac and a popup will show asking you if you want to set up as a new device or restore from a backup. Click on ” Restore from Backup ” and select the backup of your old device.
- Once the restore finishes, your new iPhone with all contacts inside it is ready to go.
This was the guide how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone.
If you have any questions, write them in comment section.
- Also Read : Best Battery Tips for Apple Devices
- Also Read : How to get Paid Apps for Free With & Without Jailbreak
Thank you for Reading !