I have 3 different mail accounts and all of them are linked with my iPhone, so I can manage them easily and everywhere I go.
If you link all your email accounts with your iOS Device, you will access them very easily and will get a notification every time a new mail arrives.
If you are a new user of iOS devices or just don’t know how to add a new mail account on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, then don’t worry.
How to Set Up an Email Account on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
Actually, Apple has a very powerful and useful built-in mail app. You can add as many email accounts as you want and you won’t have any problem with your device.
Apple has pre-configured settings for the most popular mailing services in the world such are : Gmail, Live, Yahoo, Outlook etc.
You just need your username and password and you can easily set up an email account on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
I am going to show you step-by-step all the procedure to add a new mail account on your iOS device.
Add an email account on your iOS device
1. First, unlock your device and make sure you have a working internet connection.
6. Choose you Email Provider. ( If you don’t see your Email Provider, tap on ” Other – Add Mail Account ” and skip to Step 9 ).
7. After you choose your Email Provider, a window to provide your required personal information will show. Complete the required fields like shown below :
- Name : Write your Name
- Email : Write your Email Username
- Password : Write your password
- Description : Write a Short Description about the account, to notice it from other mailing accounts. I recommend using a two-three word description.
8. After you complete the required information, a short verification will happen and everything is ready to go.
Go and launch Mail App and you will see your email account listed there.
9. For all who don’t see their Email Provided on Step 6, go to Other – Add Mail Account and complete the required fields with information from your email provider.
I recommend you to ask your email provider for the following information :
My Email settings
My email address:
My email provider:
Incoming Mail Server Settings
Account type (POP or IMAP):
Incoming Mail Server:
Incoming server port number:
Incoming server supports SSL? (yes or no):
Outgoing Mail Server Settings
Outgoing mail server:
Outgoing server port:
Outgoing server supports SSL? (yes or no):
This is my guide How to Set Up an Email Account on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Also Read : Best Keyboard Apps for iOS
Thank You for Reading !