Before you start reading the tutorial, i wanted to tell you that this tutorial is for Windows only. To read the Mac version click here.
TaiG team updated their jailbreak to support iOS 8.1.2, which was released by Apple to fix some bugs and address a problem where ringtone purchased through iTunes Store may have been removed form your device..
Here’s how to jailbreak your device running on iOS 8.1.2 using TaiG jailbreak.
- TaiG jailbreak supports following iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.1.2 devices:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
- TaiG jailbreak is currently available only for Windows. Mac users please follow our guide on how to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using PP Jailbreak, which is available for Mac OS X.
- Use iCloud or iTunes to back up any and all personal information that you need to keep safe. The jailbreak has been reported to be working in most cases, but on the off chance something goes wrong, it’s a good idea to have an escape plan.
- Disable any Anti-virus programs or firewalls that could prevent TaiG from connecting to the internet.
Jailbreak iOS 8 using TaiG jailbreak :
Follow these instructions to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 using TaiG jailbreak.
Step 1: Download the latest version of TaiG jailbreak from this link on your computer, and unzip the zip file.
Step 2 : Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 : Disable Passcode from Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
Step 4 : Also turn off Find my iPhone from Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
Step 5 : Please launch the application as an Administrator. Right click on the TaiG exe and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
Step 6 : TaiG will take some time to detect your device. Once you confirm that it is showing the correct firmware version, deselect the TaiG App Store (the one in Chinese), just below Cydia 1.1.16.
Step 7 : Click on the green jailbreak (Begin or Start) button to proceed. You will see the circular progress bar.
Note : If TaiG gets stuck at 30% or so then don’t worry, wait for 20-30 minutes for the process to progress, it can take time if you’re using it in a virtual machine.
Step 8 : After the jailbreak is complete, your device will reboot automatically, and you should should see the Cydia icon on the Home screen.