iOS 8 was announced at WWDC 2014 on June 2 and was released for Apple Users on September 17, 2014. Apple included many enhancements, interface improvements and a lot of new features in their latest mobile operating system.
- Also Read : All iOS 8 Features, Tips, and Tricks
One of the new features added to iOS 8 was the ability to transfer different files across all Apple compatible devices running iOS 8 using AirDrop.
But, if you are having problems with AirDrop and can’t send files to another Apple Device running iOS 8, then in this post, I am going to show you How to Fix AirDrop Not Working Issue in iOS 8.
How to Fix AirDrop Not Working Issue in iOS 8
There are a lot of reasons why AirDrop is not working properly on your device. Before trying any of the above methods, read these tips first :
- Make sure your iOS Device is compatible and support AirDrop. Only iPhone 5 or later, iPad 4 or later, iPad Mini or later and iPod Touch 5th Gen support AirDrop.
- Check if the app you are using supports AirDrop. You can do this by tapping the Share Button on the app you are trying to send the file. If there is an AirDrop Option on Share Section, then you are good to go.
- Make sure that both devices ( sending and receiving devices ) have AirDrop enabled.
How to Fix AirDrop Not Working on iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 8
AirDrop doesn’t work if Wifi or Bluetooth are turned off. There are two available methods to turn On Bluetooth and Wifi on iOS.
- The first method is by going to the Settings App and then Turn On Wifi and Bluetooth from their toggles.
- The second method is by swiping up your device screen and access Control Center. Activate Wifi and Bluetooth by tapping their icons.
To activate AirDrop in iOS 8, follow these steps :
Step 1 : Swipe up your device’s screen from the bottom to open Control Center.
Step 2 : Tap on AirDrop Icon on Control Center.
Step 3 : A popup will appear with four options :
- Off – Turns AirDrop Off
- Everyone – It allows you to transfer files with any compatible Apple Device.
- Contacts Only – It allows you to transfer files only with users on your contact list who have a valid Apple ID.
- Cancel – Cancels your process.
You can tap any option you like, but I recommend to choose Everyone Option.
After you restart your iOS Device, the AirDrop should function properly.
This is the guide ” How to Fix AirDrop Not Working Issue in iOS 8 “.
- Also Read : How to Play Nintendo Games on iOS Without Jailbreak
- Also Read : How to Get iOS 9 Features in iOS 8 Right Now
Thank You for Reading !