iPhone and any other Smartphone Device comes in Locked or Unlocked State. If your smartphone is locked, it means that can be used only with a specific Carrier but it is Unlocked, you can use it with any Carrier WorldWide.
If you are planning to buy a New iPhone or Second Hand iPhone, you should always check if it is locked or not. An unlocked iPhone can be used with any Network and in most of the cases is more expensive then Locked Ones.
If you don’t know How to Check if iPhone is Unlocked or Locked, then read more down below to find the Easiest Method to Check if iPhone is Locked.
How to Check if iPhone is Unlocked or Locked
It is important to know if the device you are buying is Unlocked or Not.
But, if you buy an iPhone from a Network Store, usually as a part of Network Plan, is locked. Usually, the Locked period is for 18 or 24 months, and the cost of your Network Contract also covers the cost of the iPhone you are buying.
Which iPhone is Locked or Unlocked by looking the Handset ?
It is impossible to Check if the iPhone is Locked or Unlocked just by looking the handset from the outside. Apple doesn’t allow Network Companies to brand their devices, so you cannot notice a Locked iPhone from Outside.
Also, some iPhone are sold as Locked, but if the first owner pays the contract until the end of the period, the phones are Unlocked to be used with any Network.
How to Check if iPhone is Unlocked in iOS
You will need to power up the iPhone and access the cellular Settings. Follow the steps below to learn How to Check if iPhone is unlocked or not :
- Open Settings in the iPhone.
- Tap Mobile or Cellular, depending on the language.
- Check for an option named Mobile Data Network or Cellular Data Network.
If you see an option for Mobile Data Network or Cellular then your iPhone is most likely to be unlocked. This option usually doesn’t appear on locked iPhones.
This method is not 100% secure, but it can tell you quickly if the iPhone is more likely to be Unlocked or Locked. If you need to be 100% Sure if the iPhone is Unlocked or Locked, you should use the method below.
How to Check if iPhone is Unlocked using a SIM Card
- Try to make a phone call using the current iPhone Card and make sure it connects.
- Power off the iPhone by holding the Sleep/Wake button.
- Use the SIM ejector to eject the SIM Card from the iPhone.
- Remove Current iPhone Card and insert your SIM Card or any other card, different from the one it is currently in the iPhone.
- Turn On the iPhone.
- Try to make a phone call. If the iPhone can make calls with your SIM, then it is unlocked.
If the call fails and the iPhone cannot make a call with your SIM, then it is locked.
Sometimes, you can unlock an iPhone just by calling the carrier it is locked in.
This is the guide to learn How to Check if iPhone is Unlocked or Locked.
- Also Read : How to Fix a Water Damaged iPhone
- Also Read : How to Play Nintendo Games on iOS Without Jailbreak
Thank You for Reading !