We have all noticed that for every alert or notification, our iPhone has different sound alert and vibrations. For a new message iPhone uses a quick two vibration pulses, for incoming call it uses a continuous steady pulse vibration and for all other notification alerts iPhone uses a single vibration.
Apple have used different vibration and alert sounds so you can notice without touching your phone if the alert is a text message, an incoming call or a notification alert.
But what if you don’t like the default vibration alerts used by Apple ? If you want to change it or create a custom vibration alert for your iPhone, then read more down below.
How to Change Vibration on iPhone & Create Custom Vibration iOS
I am going to use an iPhone 6 as a reference, but if you have another device, the same steps are followed.
How to Change Vibration on iPhone & Customize other Alerts
- Go to your device Settings App.
- Tap on Sounds.
- On Sound screen you will have all available settings about your device alerts. To change Vibration on your ringtone, Scroll down and tap on Ringtone.
- The list with all available ringtones will be available and on top of that is a tab called ” Vibrations “. Tap on it.
- When you tap on Vibration Tab, all available vibrations will show and you can choose and try all the vibrations.
To change vibration for alerts or text message, don’t open Ringtone but tap on the specific alert you want to change and the same steps are followed.
How to Create Custom Vibration on iPhone
To create a custom Vibration Alert on iPhone, follow these steps :
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Sounds.
- Under the Sound Section, choose the type of alert you want to create a custom vibration alert and tap on it.
- Now on top of that find and tap on Vibration.
- Scroll down and find Create New Vibration.
- Now a board where you can create your custom vibration will be available. Hold your finger to create a continuous vibration or lift it up for a pause.
- After you finish creating, tap on Stop.
- Tap on Save.
- Now go back to all the vibration list and assign your new created vibration to the alert you want.
You can repeat the same process to create a custom vibration for another alert type.
How to Turn Off Vibration for Different Types of Alerts
Repeat all the same steps mentioned before and after you go to Sound Settings, choose the alert you would like to disable vibration, click on Vibration Tab on Top and then in Vibration Section, scroll down below until you reach the end and choose ” None “. You will not have vibration anymore for that particular alert.
How to Delete Custom Vibration Alerts
This is the guide How to Change Vibration on iPhone.
- Must Read : How to improve your device Battery Life
Thank You for Reading !